Thanks to #snOMG this week has had a different rhythm to it for me. Fortunately, one of the perks of ministry is a fairly flexible schedule and quite often the ability to work from home. Another perk of ministry is that I will be part of a worship service that celebrates my friend's gifts in ministry and the ministry she will do with the church she has been Called to lead.
These two things have me reflecting on the gifts and perks of ministry and what else I would put on that list.
What about you? What are 5 perks/gifts of ministry for you?
Please let us know if you played in the comments and if you can check on the person before and after you. I will do my best to check in, but will be traveling to the above mentioned worship service.
Not sure I would call these perks on Ministry, maybe blessings of Ministry.
- being invited into peoples lives, especially at significant times on their lives.
- in my mid-forties finally being in a place I feel like I fit. I had not imagined how comfortable I would be as a Minister, in fact I feared the worst. [though Ministry is not always comfortable or easy]
- getting hugs for doing my job, even when a certain person is telling me they didn't like what happened on Sunday, when they tell me that with their arm around me, I know I am still loved. and I know that this elderly lady is comfortable enough with me to tell me hat she does and doesn't like.
- the reaction of children, their honesty, their joy. The waves and smiles if we bump into each other shopping, the hard drawn letters and cards, for my birthday or for no particular reason.
- being accepted in various places in the community, because I am ordained.
- I actually get paid to tell people that God loves them.
No comments:
Post a Comment